PSHCE stands for Personal, Social, Health Citizenship and Education and its objectives run throughout our curriculum and are taught discretely when appropriate to support children with key skills or at specific times eg Anti-Bullying Week/Safer Internet Week. It is an important part of learning as it helps to give children the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy and independent lives. It aims to help them understand how they are developing personally and socially, tackling many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
It is here that your child will learn about bullying, citizenship, drug education, healthy eating, physical activity, mental and emotional health, wellbeing, and sex and relationships.
Resources we use include:
- PSHCE Association.
- Yasmine and Tom
- Participation in the national Anti-Bullying Week and Safer Internet Week activities.
- Visits by the local PCSO regarding keeping safe and drug awareness.
- Visits by specialist agencies for example representatives from The Conversation, Stamford (sex and relationships education).
- Role models from the local community are invited into school to inspire and share their experiences.
- We follow the ethos of the ‘Healthy Schools’ programme, for example the promotion of healthy snacks at break time.